Do you have leg cramps, constipation, insomnia, anxiety, headaches, eye twitches and sensory overload? Did you know that hypomagnesaemia (magnesium deficiency) may be a key factor, even if you don’t have all these symptoms?
Of all the common micronutrient overloads and deficiencies out there, hypomagnesaemia is the one I encounter most often. It’s not surprising, because a typical Western diet doesn’t include much of this key mineral.
I often mention magnesium on my blog, but I don’t comprehensively list all the symptoms of hypomagnesaemia or its opposite, hypermagnesaemia (magnesium overload); and I don’t fully explain how to deal with it.
Which of these are a yes for you? Do you need to do some homework?
- I’ve looked up the symptoms of hypomagnesaemia.
- Woah! I have many of these symptoms!
- Woah! I know someone who has many of these symptoms!
- I’ve looked up how to address the problem through diet.
- I’ve looked up which supplements are best absorbed, in case I need more than my body is absorbing from food.
- I’ve looked up symptoms of hypermagnesaemia too, to ensure that I don’t overdo the magnesium.