One reason why teaching young autistic children often backfires is simply because of the paradigm. When it comes to other young children, educators speak of Early Childhood Development. With autistic children, people usually speak of Early Intervention. Do you know what intervention means? It means putting a spanner in the works. Stop intervening. Foster development. Optimise autism and it won’t bite you back.
- Imagine what we could do with the money wasted in autism research
- It suddenly struck me how amazing viruses are
- Optimising autism: What it means and doesn't mean
- My first video about sensory overstimulation
- They won't call it autism until they don't like it
- "Let's not label the child"
- Project K: Preventing and treating sensory overstimulation
- 2019 New Year's Resolutions
- Evidence-based therapy often lacks key evidence
- 4 Focus Areas for Autistic Advocacy - Video Series