My Study Notes record what I am learning. They're mostly about molecular and cell biology. They reflect my knowledge and understanding at the time, and are subject to extensive revision.
Do you have leg cramps, constipation, insomnia, anxiety, headaches, eye twitches and sensory overload? Did you know that hypomagnesaemia (magnesium deficiency) may be a key factor, even if you don’t have all these symptoms? Of all the common micronutrient overloads and deficiencies out there, hypomagnesaemia is the one I encounter most often. It’s not surprising, because a typical Western diet doesn’t include much of this key mineral. I often mention magnesium on my blog, but I don’t comprehensively list all the symptoms of hypomagnesaemia or its opposite, hypermagnesaemia (magnesium overload); and I don’t fully explain how to deal with it. Which of these are a yes for you? Do you need to do some homework?
- I’ve looked up the symptoms of hypomagnesaemia.
- Woah! I have many of these symptoms!
- Woah! I know someone who has many of these symptoms!
- I’ve looked up how to address the problem through diet.
- I’ve looked up which supplements are best absorbed, in case I need more than my body is absorbing from food.
- I’ve looked up symptoms of hypermagnesaemia too, to ensure that I don’t overdo the magnesium.